August 2017 NM BICYCLE EVENTS
New Mexico Law Enforcement Memorial Ride – Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Sponsored by the APD Volunteer Chaplain Unit
- Distances: 30 km/19 miles ($40 registration) and 100 km/64 miles ($60 registration)
- Ride Information
- Ride Registration
- The NM Law Enforcement Memorial Ride is a fundraising cycling event that pays tribute to the nearly 200 New Mexico Law Enforcement officers that have died in the line of duty. The event begins in downtown Albuquerque and travels east to Tijeras (end of 19 mile ride) and then north to the NM State Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Santa Fe, NM. Along the route the participants will pass six locations where seven officers have given their lives in the line of duty.
The ride has taken on its own name and has become known as “The Sacrifice. The Sacrifice translates in two-fold, it shows support for the riders who endeavor to complete the events 4000 feet of elevation gain and its 100 kilometers (64 mile) distance. But the primary goal remains, it is to remember those officers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. The journey is not an easy one each mile will be a tribute to those who have died in the line of duty.
Note that the short version of the ride ends at the first recharge staton
Bike MS New Mexico: Pedal los Pueblos 2017 -Saturday & Sunday, August 26 & 27, 2017
- Start/Finish Location: Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino
- Fund Raising Minimum: $250 + registration
- Age Minimum: 12 years of age
- Ride Distances
- Saturday: 40 miles, 65 miles, or 100 miles
- Sunday: 45 miles, 59 miles
- Riders may choose to ride either or both days
- Ride Information
- Bike MS: Pedal los Pueblos traverses more than 150 miles of picturesque Northern New Mexico, passing through five of the eight Northern Pueblos. Choose from three mileage options Saturday and two Sunday to meet your skill level.
- The routes include fully-stocked rest stops every 10 to 12 miles on both days. Relax, hydrate, have a snack, use the restroom, check in with a mechanic, re-apply sunscreen, and enjoy the volunteers at these oases. Finish with a banquet celebration under the big top on Saturday and barbecue on Sunday. We start, finish, and overnight from the beautiful Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino in Santa Fe.
- Your participation will drive MS research forward faster, and deliver services to those who face the challenges of MS every day so they can live their best lives.